Friday, September 16, 2011

Family Backpacking Trip

We have camped many times as a family. . .but this year we decided to do a 3 day/2 night backpacking camping trip.  Andrew and I carried all the gear, Brent had a small pack that he only carried about a mile.  Anna carried her teddy bear!  We hiked up the mountain about 3 miles and then down another mile to get to Snow Lake in Snoqualmie Pass.  The hike was hard, especially with a 40lb pack. . .but the seclusion and the view was worth it!

 This is a picture of Snow Lake once we got to the top of the mountain.



 This is were we camped for 2 nights.



We all got VERY dirty and smelly by the end!

It was not easy, but totally worth it and I now have a real sense of accomplishment!  I think this was our funnest family camping trip yet! 

No comments:

Post a Comment