Sunday, November 1, 2009

Chore Chart

Maybe 6 months to a year ago my friend Cami posted on her blog a picture of some chore charts she had made. I was really impressed and inspired by that. . .at the time all we had was a piece of paper with the kids chores listed on it posted on the wall. Well I started thinking of all these things I could do and it started to become VERY complicated and ornate. . .so I told Andrew what I was thinking and this is what he came up with. . .



It was made with a magnet board, paint and stickers. Their chores are listed on the left and everyday they complete them they get to move a small round magnet down. Once they get all their magnets down they get to move their spaceship of butterfly to the next reward. I think it looks really cool and captures the personality and interests of our kids. They are super excited to do their chores now and it is almost like a game. I am glad I am married to a very creative man that can simplify my life!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, Andrew is super creative!! That looks like something you would buy, not something made at home. Very impressive :-) We are still working on the idea of having a chore chart. I really like how you have the rewards listed. What a great idea!...I'll have to steal it ;-)

    ReplyDelete